Philips Presents Homes of the Future: LED by Design at Hong Kong International Lighting Fair 2010 (Part 1)
Posted on November 2, 2010 by yiqi
I was honored to be invited to the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair 2010 by Royal Philips Electronics, specifically their exhibit “Homes of the Future: LED by Design”. It was a huge event, and I dare say a highly successful one. This will be a 3-part feature, starting with the press release from Philips Lighting Asia.
Hong Kong – Royal Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) underlined its leadership in home lighting at the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair 2010, by presenting a stellar portfolio of light-emitting diode (LED)-based lighting solutions built around the theme “Homes of the Future: LED by Design”.
Philips’ participation at the fair demonstrated the company’s brand and thought leadership in consumer home lighting, through its showcase of the latest innovations which are based on in-depth research and consumer insights, and enabled by Philips’ expertise in cutting-edge LED technology and design. These lighting innovations aim to enhance people’s space at home, to bring meaning, sense and simplicity to the homes of consumers in the Asia-Pacific.
The innovative LED lighting solutions for consumer applications showcased at the fair include the:
- Arcitone range of LED luminaires featuring architectural designs for the postmodern home;
- Revolutionary LivingAmbiance wireless sytem lighting that integrates multiple luminaires and lamps to create different ambiance settings with adjustable white and colored light, using a single remote control;
- Captivating collection of Ambiance Accessories including the LUMIWARE range of designer household items, the LUMIGOS guidelights and Convenience ReadingLight, as well as IMAGEO ambiance collection of tablelights and candlelights;
- Next-generation Ledino range luminaires fusing elegant designs with the latest cool white, high-powered LED specially catered for the Asia-Pacific consumer; and
- Latest Philips LED lamps with the choice of spot or traditional lamp shapes, offering a plug-and-play option for consumer use with chandeliers, table lamps, and dimmable fixtures to enhance any room with sustainable ambience.
The lighting applications were showcased in a cozy LED Light Home setting at the Philips booth, expressing the versatility of Philips’ solutions in different areas of the home including the living room, dining area, bedrooms, kids’ room, study, bathroom, balcony and kitchen.
“Philips recognizes and understands the changing lifestyles in Asia today and the changes taking place in the consumer’s home,” said Rudy Provoost, CEO of Philips Lighting and a member of the board of management of Royal Philips Electronics. “At the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair 2010, we are proud to showcase meaningful lighting innovations built around our brand promise of sense and simplicity, where we’ve applied the functional and creative potential of LED lighting to simply enhance life with light.”
At the sidelines of Philips’ participation at the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair, Mr. Provoost also chaired a stakeholder panel discussion with leading lighting and interior designers from the Asia-Pacific region, on the topic of “Homes of the Future: LED by Design”. Moderated by Olivier Piccolin, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Philips Lighting Asia, this session sought the panelists’ views on their vision of the future Asia-Pacific home in response to the challenges of urbanization, changing lifestyles, new lighting technologies and design trends.
From left to right:
- Danny Wicaksono, Co-Founder and Editor In Chief of JongArsitek! and Architect of studiodasar
- Clifton Leung, Director, Cliffton Leung Design Workshop
- Dan Foreman, Director, Meinhardt Light Studio
- Cameron Woo, Director, Cameron Woo Design (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Olivier Piccolin (Host and Moderator), Senior Vice President and General Manager of Philips Lighting Asia
- Nicholas Merrow-Smith, Chairman, Interior Design Confederation (Singapore)
- Rudy Provoost (Co-Host and Panelist presenting Philips views), Executive Vice-President, Chief Executive Officer of Philips Lighting
- Peter Bannan, Director, Cinematographer, Photographer and Editor of Surface Asia Magazine
A “live” talk show featuring a Singapore-based home owner Nick Shen and his interior design consultant Simon Goh was also organized on the sideline of the fair. The duo shared their views on how Shen’s home lighting requirements, built around his and his family’s lifestyle, have shaped his renovation brief and the final interior design plan. The talk show aims to generate awareness of the importance of a good home lighting plan as the foundation of any home renovations.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare , lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of “sense and simplicity”. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs more than 118,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 23 billion in 2009, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications in flat TV, male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.