Love Wet Wipes? Make Your Own!
Posted on June 13, 2011 by yiqi
Wet wipes, a modern invention born (I feel) from our obsession over cleanliness and germ warfare (not the WMD kind). While personally I don’t see a need for it generally, I will not deny that there are circumstances when I wish I had a couple of the wipes myself.
The problem? They leave quite an undesirable impact on the environment. Not only are they designed to be a one-use product, they also tend to carry a load of harmful chemicals.
The solution? Make your own!
- Soak a bunch of washcloths in water, or a gentle cleaning solution if you like.
- Wring them out, and place them in a dry-bag, zip-lock bag, or (my favourite option) a used wet wipe packet.
- Prepare another similar container. This will serve to hold your “used” wipes.
- After using a wipe, place in the “used wipes” bag.
- After you run out of fresh wipes, wash them in hot water, and if you must use some oxygen bleach.
- Rinse and repeat.