The Do’s and Don’ts of Sustainable Value Chain Management
Posted on August 15, 2012 by derek
The top 5 management practices that can improve sustainable value chain effectiveness, both in terms of the financial return and the sustainability outcome:
- Organizations that engaged with suppliers at any tier saw a 38% increase in their effectiveness.
- Organizations that had sustainability embedded into their culture saw a 24% increase in effectiveness.
- Organizations that had worked with suppliers and others (such as distributors) as part of quality programs in the past experienced a 22% increase in effectiveness.
- Organizations that engaged with or talked about sustainability with value chain members saw a 21% increase in sustainable value chain effectiveness.
- Organizations that rewarded suppliers for sharing expertise and knowledge around sustainability recorded a 17% increase in effectiveness.
From: Forbes (If Sustainability Costs You More, You’re Doing it Wrong), A Joint Research Project of the American Society for Quality, Corporate Responsibility Officers Association, & Institute for Supply Management with Deloitte Consulting LLP.